Spiritual Questions You Might Have
- What Does "saved" Mean?
- I Don't Feel Close to God Anymore...What Can I Do?
- I was baptized as a child, Does this Mean I am Still Going to Heaven?
- With all the evil and hate in this world, How can there be a God and Why doesn't He so anything about it?
- Do you offer any Programs or Counseling to help Marriage Relationships?
What Does "saved" Mean?
- The Bible tells us:
"The soul who sins shall die" Ezekiel 18:4
"And they were judged each one according to his works." Revelations
"Depart from me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels" Matthew 25:41
- We All Have a Problem, Our Sin Condemns Us to Hell. The Bible says:
"The Lord is .... not willing that any should perish but that all should
come to repentance" 2 Peter 3:9
"God.... now commands all men everywhere to repent" Acts 17:30
"...Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,.." I Corinthians 15:3-4
"For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans
"The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth." Psalm 145:18
"if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
"If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me..." John 12:26
- Our Scripture tells us we must repent of our sins, call upon Jesus to save us from hell, surrender our life to His Lordship and follow Him. Church
attendance, baptism, and being a good person is not the same as repenting of your sins, calling on Jesus, and giving Him total control of your life.
- This is a commitment. One follows Christ in baptism in expressing in an out ward way of the inner commitment one has made to the Lord Jesus
- I would ask you right now, do you know for certain that if you died right now you spend eternity with Jesus in His heaven? If you would like to talk about this please feel free to call me, Pastor Bennett at the church at 928-527-8977. I would love to talk to you about this most important decision.
I Don't Feel Close to God anymore...What Can I Do?
The answer to that question might be closer than you think. I would love to meet with you. I believe we might find an answer in the Bible to help that "distant feeling" relationship improve.
I was baptized as a child, does this mean I am still going to heaven?
It might be helpful to fully understand what baptism meant to you as a child. It would also be helpful for you to understand what the Lord asks of you to be a follower of His. You may have made a decision as a child, but you are not a child any more. The question is: are you holding on to a child's decision when its not yet your adult commitment? It sounds to me like one might be holding on to something to be his/her "insurance" for heaven. This isn't the way to have assurance for heaven.
With all the evil and hate in this world, how can there be a God and why doesn't He do anything about it?
To doubt the existence of God because there is evil in the world is to be blind to the evidence that says there is a Creator. The Lord God did do something about the evil and hate in this world. He sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. Man's sin is the root problem for all the evil and hate in this world. Sin came as a result of man's free will to rebel against the Lord God.
Do you offer any programs or counseling to help marriage relationships?
What I have found to work better than counseling is to take a Christian marriage class together. I believe it isn't the present issues that got you where you are at today, but a need to begin all over again, and on the correct foundation.
Sunday School for all ages 9:45 AM
Worship Service 11:00 AM
How to Connect with US
Mail: P.O. Box 3394 Flagstaff, AZ 86003